From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Mina Grier, Longtime Publishing Official, Retires

From PCUSA_NEWS@ecunet.org
Date 04 May 1996 19:51:40

7-Dec-95

95443      Mina Grier, Longtime Publishing Official, Retires

                         by Julian Shipp

LOUISVILLE, Ky.--Mina Grier, Presbyterian Publishing Corporation (PPC)
director of curriculum publishing and an icon in denominational publishing
circles, will retire Dec. 31.

     "It's been a wonderful experience," Grier said. "I have just loved
it."

     Grier worked as sales manager and marketing director at the former
Westminster Press in Philadelphia from 1985 to 1989. Before that, she was
manager of  the former Presbyterian Church in the United States Bookstore
in Atlanta from 1980 to 1985.

     The Westminster and John Knox Presses began joint publication in
Philadelphia in 1988, then moved to Louisville in 1989, where they merged
facilities, following on the heels of Presbyterian reunion in 1983.

     Grier moved to Louisville in 1989 and became director of marketing and
sales for Westminster John Knox Press. PPC, which previously was known as
Presbyterian Publishing House, was established Jan. 1, 1994, as an
independent organization of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Grier was
named PPC's curriculum publishing director in September of 1994.

     "We're going to miss her," said Annie McClure, PPC's publicity
director for Westminster John Knox Press. "We're going to lose a big piece
of our publishing history with Mina gone."

     During the Nov. 17-18 PPC board meeting in Louisville, Ky., Doug
Deatz, PPC vice president and corporate treasurer, was introduced as the
person who will oversee PPC's curriculum publishing.

     Deatz's new position, which becomes effective by Jan. 1, 1996, will be
PPC vice president for curriculum and denominational operations. According
to PPC officials, Deatz will focus on curriculum publishing and
distribution of other PPC denominationally related resources.

     In addition to Westminster John Knox Press, PPC's imprints and product
lines currently include Geneva Press, Presbyterian Publishing House, and
Presbyterian and Reformed Educational Ministries.

  Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Louisville, KY 40202
  phone 502-569-5504            fax 502-569-8073