From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Killmer Accepts National Council of Churches Position

From PCUSA_NEWS@ecunet.org
Date 04 May 1996 20:30:27

11-Jan-96

96011    Killmer Accepts National Council of Churches Position

                         by Julian Shipp

LOUISVILLE, Ky.--The Rev. Richard L. Killmer, who has directed the
Presbyterian Peacemaking Program since its beginning 15 years ago, has
accepted a call from the National Council of Churches (NCC) to serve as
associate director for the National Ministries Unit of the NCC.

     "Rich has devoted many quality years to the Peacemaking Program,
helping to get it started, nurturing it and guiding it into one of the
truly significant programs of our denomination," said the Rev.  Edward
Craxton,  associate director for Christian education in the Congregational
Ministries Division.

     "We are thankful for his faithful service and send him off with our
best wishes as he moves into this position of leadership with the National
Council of Churches ... ," Craxton said.

     Killmer began his new work on Jan. 8.

     The Rev. William Peterson, most recently the executive director of
Montreat Conference Center, has been appointed as interim coordinator for
the Peacemaking Program. The search for a new coordinator will begin in
February.

  Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Louisville, KY 40202
  phone 502-569-5504            fax 502-569-8073