From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org
STATED CLERK MODIFIES ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE STRUCTURE
05 May 1996 12:54:51
95104 STATED CLERK MODIFIES ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE STRUCTURE
by Jerry L. Van Marter
LOUISVILLE, Ky.--General Assembly stated clerk the Rev. James E. Andrews
has announced slight modifications in the committee structure for the
upcoming 207th General Assembly in Cincinnati (originally reported in the
March 3 "News Briefs," #95055).
Assembly business will be handled by the following 17 committees:
1) Bills and Overtures
2) General Assembly Procedures
3) Church Polity
4) Rules of Discipline
6) Pensions and Benefits
7) Theological Institutions and Issues (was Theological Issues and
8) Christian Vocation
9) Global Partnerships
10) Mission Priorities and Budgets
11) Church Orders and Denominational Programs
13) Educational Mission
15) Peacemaking and International Justice (was Social Justice and
16) Environmental and Health Issues (was Social Witness Issues)
17) National and Urban Issues (was Racial Ethnic Justice)
The General Assembly will meet in Cincinnati, July 15-21.
For more information contact Presbyterian News Service
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Louisville, KY 40202
phone 502-569-5504 fax 502-569-8073
E-mail PCUSA.NEWS@pcusa.org Web page: http://www.pcusa.org
Browse month . . .
Browse month (sort by Source) . . .
Advanced Search & Browse . . .