From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Disc Jockey Appreciates Taste of Presbyterian Diversity

From PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org
Date 09 Jul 1996 18:31:05

09-July-1996

GA96118

     Disc Jockey Appreciates Taste of Presbyterian Diversity

ALBUQUERQUE--After the Witherspoon Dance on July 2, a tired but grateful
disc jockey who spun the records for the party told event planners: "I
really didn't want to do this tonight [play music], but as it turned out I
needed it -- men dancing with men, women dancing with women, men and women
dancing together, young and old together. I really needed to see such
community.  People who were so different having so much fun together."
Some 500 persons attended the dance.

Jerry Van Marter

  phone 502-569-5504             fax 502-569-8073