From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Multi-media, mime and skit used for Bible Study at LWF Assembly

From WFN <wfn@igc.apc.org>
Date Sat, 30 Aug 1997 17:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

Bible Study
Western Europeans use multi-media, mime and skit
97-HK-E27-SM

 Hong Kong, July 15 (lwi) -  The Western European region Bible study at
the Ninth Assembly of the Lutheran World Federation  here used a multimedia
presentation, using mime, skit and slides.

The presentation began with the 11 disciples gathered in a room, filled
with confusion and worry, discussing the death and the resurrection of
Jesus Christ. The verses Acts 1:8, "You will be my witnesses, in Judea,
Samaria and the end of the earth   How can we be witnesses to such a far
away places   We are strangers to all these places   yet, it is God's
mission and God's promise to go with you,  that is the strength of the
mission and witness brought.

The day of Pentecost was presented as people gathered in the room
wearing black garments, turned to white, as they  are filled with the Holy
Spirit, recognized with the utterance of speech. Christ is Risen! He is
risen indeed!!

The movement of the power of the Holy Spirit continues to do its work.
They  prayed, without your Spirit Lord, Who we are?, Where we are?reminding
the church  that it will be a dead church without the Spirit of God.

The second scene was the "Encounter of Jesus with the Samaritan Women
in John 4. Through a skit presenters showed that God is Spirit, and those
who worship God must worship in truth and Spirit. Without the Spirit, we
remain what we are and where we are. Call us O God, equip us, fill us, and
send us.

Each day a different region of the world is presenting Bible study
during the Assembly meeting here July 8-16.