From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

UFMCC AIDS Ministry Statement On Death of Princess Diana

From UfmccHq@aol.com
Date 05 Sep 1997 14:23:54

News from the
Universal Fellowship
of Metropolitan Community Churches

website:  http://www.ufmcc.com

A Public Statement
on the Death of Princess Diana
by the Rev. Steve Pieters
Director of HIV/AIDS Ministry for UFMCC

LOS ANGELES -- UFMCC AIDS Ministry joins the world in mourning the loss of
Diana, Princess of Wales.

Her work early in the pandemic dispelled the widespread fear of touching and
caring for persons living with AIDS.  Her loving care and attention produced
a ripple effect of touching and caring for persons living with AIDS around
the world.

Rev. Steve Pieters, Director of UFMCC AIDS Ministry and a survivor of
symptomatic HIV and AIDS since 1982, says, "I remember feeling untouchable
when I was first sick.  Princess Diana's example changed that for me and many
other friends with AIDS.  While we will sorely miss her presence in AIDS
work, I pray that we will all continue to be inspired by her example of
lovingkindness."

UFMCC AIDS Ministry extends its condolences to her two sons, her family and
friends, and to the world of people inspired by her life and work.

(END)

For Additional Information, Contact:
James N. Birkitt, Jr.
UFMCC Director of Communications
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
8704 Santa Monica Boulevard, 2nd Floor
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone: (310) 360-8640
Fax: (310) 360-8680