From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Administrative Personnel Association Conference Nears

From PCUSA.NEWS@pcusa.org
Date 06 Sep 1997 13:30:53

3-September-1997
97340

    Administrative Personnel Association Conference Nears

    by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE, Ky.--"We Are Partners Together Working for God," the 21st
annual conference of the Administrative Personnel Association (APA) of the
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), is all set for Sept. 18-21 in Cincinnati.

    The APA knits together office staff workers from congregations, middle
governing bodies, the General Assembly and other church-related
institutions.  The goal of its conferences is to generate peer support for
church office workers and to provide opportunities for them to improve
their skills.

    "This organization has been invaluable to me both in making my office
more professional and in cutting enormous amounts of time by answering my
numerous questions about things Presbyterian," Teri Bauer, APA publicity
co-chair and a member of the staff of University Chapel Fellowship in
Tampa, Fla., told the Presbyterian News Service.

    The focus of the conference is decidedly practical.  Workshops will be
offered on such topics as Presbyterian polity, stress and burnout,
communication and problem solving, General Assembly issues, statistical
reports, leadership development, stewardship and changes in the Board of
Pensions benefits plans.

    The gathering will be divided into small groups to discuss problems and
issues specific to small churches, large churches and other denominational
offices.  Special workshops will address the rapidly expanding use of
PresbyNet and the Internet as communication tools and on the growing
interest in spiritual formation and development in church and society.

    Though the hotel registration deadline passed on Aug. 27, more
information about the conference and about the APA is available by calling
Joyce Bauer at (919) 787-7780 or Dot Bass at (919) 787-2055.

  phone 502-569-5504             fax 502-569-8073
  mailed from World Faith News <wfn-news@wfn.org>