From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS 122nd Report

From Audrey Whitefield <a.whitefield@quest.org.uk>
Date 02 Nov 1997 06:21:16

Oct. 31, 1997
ANGLICAN COMMUNION NEWS SERVICE
Canon Jim Rosenthal, Director of Communications
Anglican Communion Offiv=ce
London, England

ACC 1381

ANGLICAN COMMUNION NEWS SERVICE  24TH & 31ST OCTOBER 1997
This is the 122nd report from the Anglican Communion News Service.
This is  a  weekly service which  covers news stories received by the
Anglican Communion Office in London and a list of the most recent
episcopal appointments.  Please credit ACNS when you reproduce items
from this service.
**Our apologies for combining 2 weeks worth of download. Again,
technical difficulties. We will do our best to make this a true weekly
service, so that you are not inconvenienced.
Please contact Jim Rosenthal or Joan Ford at the ACO on 0171 620 1110 if
you have any queries about this service.
Jim Rosenthal,  Director of Communications Joan Ford, Editor Nicola
Currie,
Assistant Editor.
Sources used
ACNS Anglican Communion News Service
CPSA Church of the Province of Southern Africa
CT Church Times
ENI Ecumenical News International, World Council of Churches, Geneva
ENS Episcopal News Service USA
ARTICLES
INTERNATIONAL: JUBILEE 2000 CAMPAIGN GAINS MOMENTUM
AUSTRALIA: SYDNEY ANGLICANS GIVE FUNDS FOR ABORIGINAL MINISTRY
AUSTRALIA: MELBOURNE DIOCESE CALLS FOR LEGISLATION FOR WOMEN BISHOPS
BRITAIN: CHRISTIAN AID'S CAMPAIGN FOR FAIR TRADING SUCCESS
ENGLAND: 20TH CENTURY MARTYRS REMEMBERED AT WESTMINSTER ABBEY
MEXICO: PRESIDING BISHOP'S FUND HELPS VICTIMS
PANAMA: CHURCH LEADERS CALL ON US PRESIDENT TO HONOUR TREATY
SOUTHERN AFRICA: PRIMATE SPEAKS OUT ON POVERTY AND DEBT BEFORE
COMMONWEALTH MEETING
SOUTHERN AFRICA: PRIMATE EXPRESSES CONDOLENCES
TANZANIA: A FORMER ARCHBISHOP DIES
UGANDA: CHURCH LEADERS CONDEMN GOVERNMENT SECURITY MEASURES
USA: FOR NEWS OF THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH USA SEE ENS ONLINE
EPISCOPAL APPOINTMENTS
FEATURE:CANADIAN BISHOPS AGREE ABOUT STATEMENT ON SEXUALITY