From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

College News

From PCUSA.NEWS@pcusa.org
Date 04 Apr 1998 16:58:35

4-March-1998
98077

    College News

    by Julian Shipp

DANVILLE, Ky.-The Centre College board of trustees has elected John A.
Roush of Richmond, Va., to become the college's next president. Roush is
vice president for planning, executive assistant to the president and
secretary to the board of trustees at the University of Richmond. He has
played a key role in founding the university's innovative Jepson School of
Leadership Studies. He is also an elder in Third Presbyterian Church in
Richmond, where he has been coordinator of children's church and a teacher
for the sixth grade class. Centre has a covenant relationship with the
Presbyterian Church.

EATON, Pa.-Lafayette College has received a gift in excess of $4 million
from the F.M. Kirby Foundation, Inc., of Morristown, N.J. Added to previous
gifts totaling $11.5 million, the donation brings to more than $15.5
million the foundation's support of the college during the current
fund-raising campaign. The $143 million Lafayette Leadership Campaign is
the largest in the school's history and one of the most ambitious
fund-raising efforts ever undertaken by an undergraduate institution of
Lafayette's size. To date, the college has received $80 million in gifts
and pledges in support of the campaign, which was announced on Oct. 24,
1997, and is scheduled to run through June 30, 2001.

BRISTOL, Tenn.-King College has announced that the $12 million goal of The
Campaign for King College has been exceeded thanks to the support from more
than 3,000 donors. The campaign is providing funds for faculty and staff
salaries, scholarships and campus improvements. "I would like to point out
this campaign began exactly three years ago to the month, " said retired
Congressman James H. Quillen, national campaign chair. "We originally
planned a five-year campaign, but we are pleased to announce the tremendous
support we received has allowed us to meet and exceed our goal early."

  phone 502-569-5504             fax 502-569-8073
  mailed from World Faith News <wfn-news@wfn.org>