From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Higher Education Conference Slated for Ghost Ranch

From PCUSA NEWS <pcusa.news@ecunet.org>
Date 12 Jun 1998 20:39:25

9-June-1998
98165

    Higher Education Conference Slated for Ghost Ranch

    by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE, Ky.-Ghost Ranch Conference Center in New Mexico will be the
site of a major conference on the Presbyterian Church's mission in higher
education.  The conference, the third in a series of Ghost Ranch
conferences on higher education ministry, is scheduled for July 6-12.

    Titled "Faith, Learning, and Living: Now and into the Third Millenium,"
the conference will explore current issues in higher education.  A primary
focus will be the classic interplay between faith and learning, practical
applications of that interplay for living and what moral responsibilities
flow out of that interplay.

    Specific topics for discussion include "Historical and Contextual
Perspectives: Where Are We and How Did We Get Here?"; "Re-Formed Faith";
"Teaching and Learning Styles for a New Time"; "Faith-Informed Learning";
and "Faith-Informed Living."  Papers will be prepared in advance on each of
these topics and will guide the discussions of the conference.

    More information may be obtained by calling the Rev. Harry Smith at
(505) 995-0556.