From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

UFMCC Names National Ecumenical Officer (USA)

From UfmccHq@aol.com
Date 03 Jul 1998 20:03:39

N E W S   R E L E A S E
^From The Universal Fellowship of
Metropolitan Community Churches
http://www.ufmcc.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 3, 1998

Dr. Gwynne Guibord Named
U.S. National Ecumenical Officer for the
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches

LOS ANGELES, CA -- Dr. Gwynne Guibord has been named U.S. National Ecumenical
Officer for the Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
(UFMCC), a Christian denomination with a primary affirming ministry to the
gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered communities.

	"Dr. Guibord brings a broad range of experience to UFMCC's ecumenical work,"
noted the Rev. Nancy Wilson, Chief Ecumenical Officer for the denomination.
"Her tireless work on behalf of UFMCC and ecumenism are responsible for
UFMCC's membership in the California Council of Churches, the Southern
California Ecumenical Council and the Mobilization for the Human Family," add
Wilson.

	Dr. Guibord currently serves as Vice Chair of the Progressive Religious
Alliance (Los Angeles, CA) and a member of the National Advisory Board of
Claremont School of Theology (Claremont, CA). She also represents UFMCC as a
member of the Executive Boards of the Southern California Ecumenical Council,
California Council of Churches, and the Mobilization for the Human Family.

	"The growing membership of the UFMCC values our connectedness with the wider
household of faith," said Dr. Guibord. "We have deeply appreciated our
interaction with both the National Council of Churches and the World Council
of Churches. We value the gifts of our extended spiritual family, and in turn,
have spiritual gifts which we believe we can contribute to the cause of
ecumenism."

	In recent months, Dr. Guibord has been in earnest dialogue with the
leadership of the National Council of Churches/USA and the World Council of
Churches concerning UFMCC's participation with both organizations and their
member constituencies.

	As a result of this on-going dialogue, Dr. Guibord has been invited to
address the General Assembly of the National Council of Churches/USA in
Chicago in November and is a scheduled presenter at the upcoming Padare
("Gathering") at the 8th General Assembly of the World Council of Churches in
Zimbabwe in December.

	Founded in 1968, UFMCC is an international Christian denomination which
offers positive, affirming Christian spirituality to gays, lesbians, bisexuals
and transgendered persons and their enlightened friends. With an inclusive
membership of 42,000, UFMCC is composed of 300 congregations in 15 countries.

	Additional information on UFMCC may be found on the Internet at
http://www.ufmcc.com

 	Churches, clergy and individuals wishing to send messages of greeting,
welcome   and prayer to Dr. Gwynne Guibord may e-mail them to
GSA1234567@aol.com, or mail them to her attention at 4311 Wilshire Boulevard,
Suite 308, Los Angeles, CA  90010.

(END)

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONTACT:

Dr. Gwynne Guibord, National Ecumenical Officer (USA)
UFMCC
4311 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 308
Los Angeles, CA 90010

Tel. (323) 932-1516