From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Christians count down 500 days to the millennium

From "EAUK Press Office" <press@eauk.org>
Date 12 Aug 1998 09:49:17

EMBARGOED: 0001Hrs, Wednesday 19th August 1998

Christians across the UK will be counting down the next 500 days
to the Millennium in a special prayer initiative developed by
Anno Domini - the Millennium co-ordinating group of the
Evangelical Alliance.

The 500-Day Prayer Countdown is a continuation of the 1,000-Day
Prayer Countdown launched on 6th April 1997.

The objectives of the prayer countdown remain the same:
::   to pray for national and local Christian millennium
projects.::   to pray for a spiritual awakening in our nations
at this special season. ::   to pray for a new start for
ourselves and our churches. ::   and especially to pray that the
name of Jesus be central to all that is done in celebrating our
entry into the next millennium.

Many churches took up the 1,000-day prayer challenge using
guidelines for services supplied by the Evangelical Alliance.
The 500-Day Prayer Countdown will be even easier to use, as the
Alliance's head of prayer, Jane Holloway explains:

"We have discovered that many individuals and prayer groups are
as keen as churchches to get involved and pray.  Our new
slim-line prayer guide will suit either a church or individual
time of prayer.  The guide contains a list of projects and
contact details, and prayer topics for church and nation alike.
Some of these topics will be updated periodically during the
weeks remaining to AD2000."

Copies of the prayer guide and details of the scheme can be
obtained from the Evangelical Alliance's millennium office at
Anno Domini, P O Box 680, Maidenhead, Berkshire  SL6  9ST.
Telephone: 07071 20 2000.

ENDS

For further information, or to book an ISDN interview with Jane
Holloway on Wednesday 19th August, contact Gavin Drake on
0171-207 2117

Keith Ewing, kewing@eauk.org
0171 207 2116 or + 44 171 207 2116
or