From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Marj Carpenter Hospitalized With a Broken Leg

From PCUSA NEWS <pcusa.news@ecunet.org>
Date 02 Nov 1998 20:08:12

98363

    Marj Carpenter Hospitalized With a Broken Leg

    by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE, Ky.-Former General Assembly moderator and mission interpreter
extraordinaire Marj Carpenter has been hospitalized in Big Spring, Texas,
after suffering a broken thigh in a fall at her home.

    The accident occurred Oct. 30.  Carpenter told the Presbyterian News
Service, of which she is the former director, that she stumbled over the
edge of a carpet "and there was nothing to grab onto as I fell down."  Her
severest injury is a fractured femur.

    Carpenter is expected to remain in the Scenic Mountain Medical Center,
which includes a physical rehabilitation unit, until about mid-November.
Doctors have told her she will be out of commission until after the first
of the year, but Carpenter said, "I'll be back out there speaking about
mission by Christmas."

    Well wishers may send Marj notes at Scenic Mountain Medical Center,
1601-11th Place, Big Spring, TX 79720, or at home: 1425 E. 6th Street, Big
Spring, TX 79720.