From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Evangelicals to hold Assembly in 2001

From press@eauk.org
Date 12 Feb 1999 14:02:05

For Immediate Release: 12th February 1999

A general Assembly of Evangelicals will be held in Cardiff in
November 2001, it was announced today.

The Assembly has been called by the Evangelical Alliance UK,
which represents over one million Christians in 30 denominations
throughout the UK.

The Alliance are expecting 4,000 Christians at the event which is
open to all delegations from churches and all involved in church
leadership.

The Assembly will be held from 5th - 7th November 2001 at the
Cardiff International Arena.

Rev Joel Edwards, general director of the Alliance said: "This
Assembly will help us to refocus the agenda for the Evangelical
Alliance in the third millennium as we seek to challenge the people
and governments of our nations to recognise the bad choices we
have made as a society and offer leadership in new directions
which are morally and spiritually sound.

The Evangelical Alliance Council, meeting yesterday, considered
potential programme issues and a steering group is being
established to develop the full programme and strategy for the
Assembly.

More information will be available from the Evangelical Alliance UK,
(2001 Assembly), Whitefield House, 186 Kennington Park Road,
London, SE11 4BT.

ENDS

For further information, contact:

Gavin Drake, gdrake@eauk.org