From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Statement of ELCA Presiding Bishop at Close of Impeachment Trial

From NEWS <NEWS@ELCA.ORG>
Date 12 Feb 1999 14:56:40

ELCA NEWS SERVICE
99-29-JB

February 12, 1999
Presiding Bishop
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Chicago
Feb. 12, 1999

"With the end of the impeachment trial in Washington today, a difficult chapter in our
history is over. We have weathered a crisis that has tested our nation's system of
checks and balances.  I  join with other leaders in faith communities in calling for prayer.
We must pray for reconciliation.  We must also pray for the many people who have
been injured throughout this process.  Through the power of the risen Christ, we can
dare to hope for forgiveness and healing."

For information contact:
http://www.elca.org/co/news/current.html