From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Adventist Church On Polish State Radio

From "Christian B. Schäffler" <APD_Info_Schweiz@compuserve.com>
Date 13 Feb 1999 09:10:58

February 12, 1999
Adventist Press Service (APD)
Christian B. Schaeffler, Editor-in-chief
Fax +41-61-261 61 18
APD@stanet.ch
CH-4003 Basel, Switzerland

Gains Access to State Radio in Poland Church

Warsaw, Poland. [ANR/APD] The Seventh-day Adventist
Church in Poland has negotiated a contract with
Polish State Radio to broadcast twelve programs a
year on the national service.

"What is significant is the Seventh-day Adventist
church is the only church in Poland, besides the Roman
Catholic Church and the Polish Ecumenical Council,
which has received such a privilege," reports Roman
Chalupka, communication director for the Adventist
Church in Poland.

"The contract gives the Church the guarantee to
broadcast twelve programs on public radio-one per
month," says Chalupka. "The programs prepared by the
Church will be broadcast on the second Sunday of the
month and cover the whole country."

The agreement was signed on November 30, between the
Voice of Hope media centre of the Seventh-day
Adventist Church in Poland and the Polish State Radio
by Pastor Wladyslaw Polok, president of the Adventist
Church in Poland and Mr. S. Popiolek, president of
Polish State Radio.

"We treasure the good cooperation with the Voice of
Hope Radio that we've had for many years and know how
much you care for people in the area of health
education," said Popiolek.

The Voice of Hope media centre ("Osrodek Radiowo-
Telewizyjny") broadcasts on many local FM radio
stations and the number is growing, while its
television programs are broadcast on 18 independent
cable TV stations.

"Some of the stations have worked with us for over
three years and have already transmitted many
programs, including the NET 96 series, family life
issues and Bible prophecy," says Chalupka, "and we
believe this is just the beginning." [99/02/04]