From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Adventist Church Announces Latest Country Website

From "Christian B. Schäffler" <APD_Info_Schweiz@compuserve.com>
Date 13 Feb 1999 09:36:48

February 7, 1999
Adventist Press Service (APD)
Christian B. Schaeffler, Editor-in-chief
Fax +41-61-261 61 18
APD@stanet.ch
CH-4003 Basel, Switzerland

Adventist Church Announces Latest Country Website

Bratislava, Slovakia. [APD] With the addition of
the latest Seventh-day Adventist country website
in Slovakia, the number of country-specific websites
operated by the Adventist Church now exceeds 40.

"We appreciate the commitment of the Church in
different countries to make Adventist material
available where they are, and in the local language,"
says Jonathan Gallagher, webmaster for the Church's
global website at www.adventist.org. "As a Church, we
are dedicated to sharing our faith in every land and
in every language. The Internet is a truly effective
means of doing just that."

Countries with their own Adventist websites include
most of Europe, North America and other areas around
the world such as Brazil, Venezuela, Singapore,
Australia, and the Caribbean.

"We're encouraging all Church entities to develop
websites as a matter of priority," says Gallagher.
"Connections to those we are aware of can be found on
the link page at www.adventist.org."

For those fluent in Slovak, the new site can be found
at www.casd.sk. [99/05/04]