From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Hemphill Hired by NCCCUSA/CWS

From CAROL_FOUKE.parti@ecunet.org (CAROL FOUKE)
Date 16 Mar 1999 11:54:28

National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA
Contact: NCC News, 212-870-2227
Email: news@ncccusa.org  Web: www.ncccusa.org

29NCC3/16/99 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HEMPHILL NAMED CWS COMMUNITY EDUCATION, FUND-RAISING HEAD

 ELKHART, Ind. - Rhonnie Hemphill has been elected
director of the Community Education and Fund Raising Program
of Church World Service, a post he will assume in April.  A
member of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, Mr.
Hemphill currently is director of development at the
National Benevolent Association of the Christian Church
(Disciples of Christ) in St. Louis, Mo.

 He came to the Disciples from the American Red Cross,
where he worked in several capacities including as a chapter
manager (Flint, Mich.), interim managing director of the
Midwestern Operations headquarters, and an executive in the
area of financial development and donor resource
development.

 A graduate of the University of Missouri, he went on to
earn a law degree from St. Louis University School of Law.
"We are excited that we have in Mr. Hemphill a person with
extensive fund-raising experience, a person with a law
degree, a person who has worked with a member denomination
and a person who has a deep and abiding faith in Jesus
Christ," said CWS Executive Director the Rev. Dr. Rodney
Page in welcoming Mr. Hemphill's election.

-end-
 -0-