From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Jolivette Named President of Waldorf College

From NEWS <NEWS@ELCA.ORG>
Date 30 Apr 1999 12:25:55

ELCA NEWS SERVICE

April 30, 1999

JOLIVETTE NAMED PRESIDENT OF WALDORF COLLEGE
99-119-MR

     CHICAGO (ELCA) -- The Rev. Thomas L. Jolivette, 44, becomes
president of Waldorf College, Forest City, Iowa, on June 14.  He
succeeds William E. Hamm who resigned last December.  Waldorf is one of
28 colleges and universities of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in
America (ELCA).
     Since 1994 Jolivette has been a major gifts consultant for Luther
Seminary, St. Paul, Minn., one of eight seminaries of the ELCA.  From
1986 to 1994 he served as vice president for development at Waldorf
College and led a capital campaign worth $6.5 million.  Jolivette was a
development associate for the college from 1983 to 1986.
     Jolivette earned an associate of arts degree from Waldorf in 1974.
In 1976 he received a bachelor's of arts degree from Augustana College,
Sioux Falls, S.D., an ELCA college.  Jolivette earned a master's of
divinity degree from Luther Seminary in 1980, and served as pastor of
Samuel-Holmes Lutheran Parish, Eagle Grove, Minn., for three years.
     "Tom Jolivette is an innovative leader and deeply committed to the
mission of Waldorf College," said Herbert D. Ihle, chair of Waldorf's
board of regents.  "He has solid leadership skills and will effectively
guide the college into the 21st century."  The board chose Jolivette to
be president after a nationwide search.
     "My wife, Julie, and I are excited to be returning to Waldorf and
Forest City," said Jolivette.  "I am honored to be selected as the
college's next president and look forward to working with the fine
faculty and staff to meet the challenges and opportunities ahead."
     The Jolivettes are parents to three children: Heidi, Andre and
Roberta Groening.

For information contact: