From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Adventist World Church Launches News by E-mail

From "Christian B. Schäffler" <APD_Info_Schweiz@compuserve.com>
Date 13 Aug 1999 23:56:39

August 13, 1999
Adventist Press Service (APD)
Christian B. Schaeffler, Editor-in-chief
Fax +41-61-261 61 18
APD@stanet.ch
http://www.stanet.ch/APD
CH-4003 Basel, Switzerland

Adventist World Church Launches News by E-mail

Silver Spring, Maryland, USA/ANN/APD     The Seventh-day
Adventist Church  launched on August 3, 1999, a new system for
distributing the denomination's world news by e-mail. The system
operates through the Church's official website at
www.adventist.org, and it allows anyone to subscribe free to the
weekly news service.

"This new system is a great development in providing our news
bulletins and releases to anyone who wishes," says Jonathan
Gallagher, news director for the Adventist World Church. "Instead of
having to check the website the news is automatically forwarded
through e-mail to subscribers as soon as it is released. Now you can
have up-to-date news and information from the Adventist News
Network delivered immediately to your electronic mail box."

Subscription takes just moments by utilizing the "Subscribe
Adventist News" page from the front page of www.adventist.org.

"This is another advance for our website," says John Beckett,
technical web master at the Seventh-day Adventist Church World
Headquarters and designer of the system. "We continue to work to
make the site as useful as possible. The list server that operates this
service is separate from the main web server and this helps ensure
all e-mail addresses remain confidential."

Other recent additions to the site include a search function for the
Church Yearbook, a listing of all Adventist entities with directory
information, and an improved menu to aid site navigation.
[98/12/06]