From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Littleton Pastors Thank Presbyterians for Support

From PCUSA NEWS <pcusa.news@ecunet.org>
Date 15 Aug 1999 16:14:07

21-May-1999
99194

    Littleton Pastors Thank Presbyterians for Support

    by Jerry L. Van Marter

LITTLETON, Colo.-Exactly one month after the slaughter at Columbine High
School, Littleton pastors have sent an open letter to the Presbyterian
Church (U.S.A.) expressing gratitude for the support they have received in
the wake of the tragedy.

    The complete text of the letter, furnished to the Presbyterian News
Service on May 20:

    "In the aftermath of the Columbine tragedy, your expressions of support
have been an enormous comfort and encouragement to us all.

    "On behalf of our congregations, we would like to thank you all for the
outpouring of care and love over these last few weeks.  Your cards, letters
and other communications have been a concrete expression of our
connectedness in this wonderful denomination.  They have let us know that
we are not alone.

    "Please know that you have been a tremendous blessing.  We have felt
God's touch through all of you, and covet your continued prayers in the
months ahead.

The Rev. Stephen Poos-Benson
Columbine United Presbyterian Church

The Rev. David Peters
Genesis Presbyterian Church

The Rev. Don Houdeshell
Faith Community Presbyterian Church

The Rev. Dwight Blackstock
Grace Presbyterian Church

The Rev. Jonathan Hole
First Presbyterian Church

The Rev. Chris Taylor
St. James Presbyterian Church

  This note sent by Office of News Services,
  Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
  to the World Faith News list <wfn-news@wfn.org>.
  For additional information about this news story,
  call 502-569-5493 or send e-mail to PCUSA.News@pcusa.org

  On the web:  http://www.pcusa.org/pcnews/

  If you have a question about this mailing list,
  send queries to wfn@wfn.org