From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Living Waters Search Committee Chooses Snellgrove

From PCUSA NEWS <pcusa.news@ecunet.org>
Date 15 Aug 1999 16:17:52

3-June-1999
99216

    Living Waters Search Committee Chooses Snellgrove

    by Evan Silverstein

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - An executive search committee of the Synod of Living
Waters will ask its commissioners this summer to confirm the Rev. David
Snellgrove as its new synod executive.

    "We bring this name with a great deal of enthusiasm," said South
Alabama Presbytery executive John Kimbirl, a member of the search
committee. "This is an exciting time in the life of our synod as we move
toward new ways of doing mission, and we need David's experience and
expertise and especially his knowledge of our 12 presbyteries."

    The synod includes Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and
portions of Missouri and Arkansas. The committee's recommendation will be
voted on July 19 during a special called meeting in Nashville.

    Snellgrove, a Columbia Seminary graduate, is now serving as St. Andrew
Presbytery executive. He was moderator of the Synod of Living Waters in
1991, and has continued to participate in the life of the synod at a
leadership level.

    He was a member of the General Assembly's Permanent Judicial Commission
from 1984 to 1995 and chaired the commission in 1994 and 1995. As a
minister commissioner to the 208th General Assembly in 1996, he was
moderator of the Assembly Committee on Quadrennial Review.

    "We are extremely grateful and fortunate that David is willing to
accept this call," said T. Morton McMillan, chair of the executive search
committee.

  This note sent by Office of News Services,
  Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
  to the World Faith News list <wfn-news@wfn.org>.
  For additional information about this news story,
  call 502-569-5493 or send e-mail to PCUSA.News@pcusa.org

  On the web:  http://www.pcusa.org/pcnews/

  If you have a question about this mailing list,
  send queries to wfn@wfn.org