From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[] #5373

From PCUSA NEWS <pcusa.news@ecunet.org>
Date 15 Aug 1999 16:18:00

GA99007      Donald G. Campbell Unanimously Elected
            to Head Congregational Ministries Division

            Confirmation Vote Set for Friday Afternoon

FORT WORTH- The Rev. Donald G. Campbell, executive presbyter for Donegal
Presbytery, was unanimously elected by the General Assembly Council to be
the next director of the Congregational Ministries Division (CMD) June 17.
     His confirmation vote by the 211th General Assembly is scheduled for
the afternoon business session on June 25.
     "Don was a unanimous choice [of the search committee] for a lot of
reasons," said search committee chair the Rev. Joanne Hull of Charlotte,
N.C.  "We believe he is the one who understands our division and its work
and who can help us do it better."
     Campbell said he was perfectly happy in Donegal Presbytery but that
the chance to head the CMD "has reopened me to the theology of the call."
Campbell waxed almost rhapsodic about "the opportunity to provide the
resources to the ministers and elders to perform their ministries more
effectively."  In remarks to the CMD committee prior to his election, he
said, "Sharing the resources of this great church and putting the right
ones in the hands of the right people to the glory of God is a rich
blessing and ministry."
     Campbell has been executive presbyter of Donegal Presbytery since
1991.  Before that he served on the staff of New Brunswick Presbytery.
Following his ordination in 1967, Campbell served pastorates in Easton,
Doylestown and Butler, Pa.  He is a graduate of Westminster College in
Pennsylvania and Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, with advanced degrees
from Pittsburgh and Princeton Theological Seminaries.

by Jerry Van Marter

  This note sent by Office of News Services,
  Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
  to the World Faith News list <wfn-news@wfn.org>.
  For additional information about this news story,
  call 502-569-5493 or send e-mail to PCUSA.News@pcusa.org

  On the web:  http://www.pcusa.org/pcnews/

  If you have a question about this mailing list,
  send queries to wfn@wfn.org