From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

The New PresbyNet Described at Dinner

From PCUSA NEWS <pcusa.news@ecunet.org>
Date 15 Aug 1999 16:29:41

GA99074
23-June-1999

              The New PresbyNet Described at Dinner

FORT WORTH-PresbyNet  users from around the country gathered for dinner on
June 22 to hear what's new and how to access it.  Barry Creech, Elinor
Mosser, Brian Lang and other experts were present to explain what's new
this summer with PresbyNet/EcuNet.  Some things are changing and some
things are staying the same.
     Eventually it may cost a modest $17.95 a year.  "But right now,
current users won't pay more," said Creech.  "Right now," he added, "we're
just trying to get everybody  through the wilderness and into the promised
land.  When we all get  across the river, we'll gather in some more folks."
     Mosser, who's in charge of customer support for PresbyNet, urged
current users to join Help meetings and be a part of the online support
groups.  At the dinner, some PresbyNet users were meeting face-to-face for
the first time, but most of them were old friends online.
     They are used to helping each other and helping new people find the
best ways to take advantage of computer technology to do church business
online and become part of a broad ecumenical community through EcuNet.
They find spiritual enrichment and educational opportunities and friendship
online.  They expect that a redesigned system will just make a good thing
better.

Jane Hines

  This note sent by Office of News Services,
  Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
  to the World Faith News list <wfn-news@wfn.org>.
  For additional information about this news story,
  call 502-569-5493 or send e-mail to PCUSA.News@pcusa.org

  On the web:  http://www.pcusa.org/pcnews/

  If you have a question about this mailing list,
  send queries to wfn@wfn.org