From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Campbell Confirmed by Assembly

From PCUSA NEWS <pcusa.news@ecunet.org>
Date 15 Aug 1999 16:30:37

GA99121
25-June-1999

                  Campbell Confirmed by Assembly

 FORT WORTH-The Rev. Donald G. Campbell was confirmed by the 211th General
Assembly as Director of the Congregational Ministries Division on June 25,
l999, as recommended by the General Assembly Council and the Assembly
Committee on Mission Coordination.
      A seven-member committee chaired by the Rev. Joanne Hull has been
searching for a person to fill this position for the past ten months.  Hull
said they had made a special effort to recruit women and racial ethnic
persons, but had finally come to the enthusiastic and unanimous conclusion
that Don Campbell is the best choice.
     He is a graduate of Westminster College and Pittsburgh Theological
Seminary.  He received a Master of Education degree from Princeton
Theological Seminary in l969 and a D.Min. from Pittsburgh Theological
Seminary in l980.
     He was in the pastorate for 15 years prior to becoming associate
executive presbyter in New Brunswick Presbytery in l984.  Campbell has been
executive presbyter of Donegal Presbytery, based in Lancaster, Pa., since
1991.
     "I believe we do ministry together," Campbell told the Assembly, "and
I look forward to being in ministry with you ."
      Describing his theological perspective and beliefs, Campbell said,
"The theological challenge to my Christian life and ministry is to develop
and use the methods necessary to communicate the message of God's saving,
renewed love to all who should hear it.  It's possible because God is with
us and works through us."

Jane Hines

  This note sent by Office of News Services,
  Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
  to the World Faith News list <wfn-news@wfn.org>.
  For additional information about this news story,
  call 502-569-5493 or send e-mail to PCUSA.News@pcusa.org

  On the web:  http://www.pcusa.org/pcnews/

  If you have a question about this mailing list,
  send queries to wfn@wfn.org