From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Publishing Corporation Launches Disaster Relief Program

From PCUSA NEWS <pcusa.news@ecunet.org>
Date 15 Aug 1999 16:34:35

99253
5-August-1999

    Publishing Corporation Launches Disaster Relief Program

    Free Resources Will be Provided to Replace Destroyed Ones

    by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE, Ky.-The Presbyterian Publishing Corporation (PPC) has announced
a new program that will proved a free supply of hymnals, Bibles and other
resources to replace those damaged by fire or other major disasters in
Presbyterian churches.

    The new Disaster Relief Program requires only that the pastor and
presbytery executive complete and return a simple enrollment form following
the disaster.  The program is available to replace resources lost in fires,
floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and other disasters.

    The resource selection includes up to 25 copies of "The Presbyterian
Hymnal," up to 10 copies of the NRSV Bible, all Presbyterian catechism
resources plus Sunday bulletins and devotional and study books.  PPC will
also pay shipping.

    In addition, for a year after the disaster, churches will be eligible
for a special one-time 20 percent discount on nearly all PPC books and
resources

    "For the past several years, on an informal basis, we have sent
hymnals, books and resources to churches in distress whenever we were
contacted or made aware of any given situation," said PPC president and
publisher Davis Perkins.  "By formalizing a disaster relief program, we can
broaden this assistance and better serve all PC(USA) churches," he added.

    For more information about PPC's Disaster Relief Program, contact Monty
Anderson, PPC's customer service manager at 100 Witherspoon St.,
Louisville, KY 40202; by phone at 502-569-5067; or by fax at 502-569-5113.

  This note sent by Office of News Services,
  Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
  to the World Faith News list <wfn-news@wfn.org>.
  For additional information about this news story,
  call 502-569-5493 or send e-mail to PCUSA.News@pcusa.org

  On the web:  http://www.pcusa.org/pcnews/

  If you have a question about this mailing list,
  send queries to wfn@wfn.org