From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Presbyterian Pastor to Preach Palm Sunday on "The Protestant Hour"

From PCUSA NEWS <pcusa.news@ecunet.org>
Date 11 Feb 2000 20:07:19

10-February-2000
00067

    Presbyterian Pastor to Preach Palm Sunday Sermon
    on "The Protestant Hour"

    Laura Mendenhall of Austin, Texas, is featured on radio program

    by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Rev. Laura Mendenhall, pastor of Westminster
Presbyterian Church in Austin, Texas, is the Palm Sunday preacher this year
on The Protestant Hour.  The program will air April 16.

    The Protestant Hour is a 55-year-old cooperative radio ministry
produced in partnership by the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), the Episcopal
Media Center, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and United
Methodist Communications.

    Preaching from the Mark 11: 1-11 text, Medenhall tells listeners, "So
while I want to tell you the story of the parade because I want you to know
of God's love for you, I also want to ask Jesus to stop the parade.  Love
involves a willingness to put oneself at risk, and God, who is love, was
willing to risk great suffering."

    Check with your local radio stations for "The Protestant Hour" airtimes
in your community or contact the Protestant Radio and Television Center in
Atlanta at (404) 634-3324 for program information.

  This note sent by Office of News Services,
  Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
  to the World Faith News list <wfn-news@wfn.org>.
  For additional information about this news story,
  call 502-569-5493 or send e-mail to PCUSA.News@pcusa.org

  On the web:  http://www.pcusa.org/pcnews/

  If you have a question about this mailing list,
  send queries to wfn@wfn.org