From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

NCCCUSA 2000 Yearbook (1 of 4)

From NCC Communication Department
Date 14 Feb 2000 11:46:57

National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA
Email: news@ncccusa.org  Web: www.ncccusa.org

To: Reporters and Editors

 212-870-2227

Re: Year 2000 Yearbook of American and Canadian
Churches
a)  February 18, 2000 Embargo
b)  Availability of Copies for Purchase
c)  Availability of Complimentary Copies

Date: February 14, 2000

The Year 2000 Yearbook of American and Canadian
Churches is off press!  Our news releases about it
follow.  Please note:

a)  The stories carry an "A.M.'s" February 18, 2000,
embargo.  Our experience is that reporters
appreciate receiving the new Yearbook release with
an embargo in order to have time to prepare their
stories for publication/broadcast on the same day as
their colleagues across the continent.  Thank you
for respecting it!

b)  We expect you will want a copy of the Year 2000
Yearbook - possibly on very short notice so that you
can prepare your story(ies) and begin using this
valuable source book!  To order a copy (Cost: $35
plus shipping) please phone Derek Lander at 212-870-
2031.  Orders logged by 3 p.m. Eastern Time can be
shipped out the same day.

c)  A very, very limited number of complimentary copies
(20, to be exact) of the Year 2000 Yearbook are
available for journalists who convince us that they
and/or their newsrooms cannot afford to purchase a
copy.  (If you can afford what we are convinced is a
completely reasonable price for such a valuable
source book, please do not request a complimentary
copy!)  To request a complimentary copy, please
phone Nathan Hanson at 212-870-2227.  The NCC will
cover regular shipping costs only for complimentary
copies.
 -0-