From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

"The Resurrected Life" returns to the air

From "Office of Communications"<wshuffit@oc.disciples.org>
Date 23 Mar 2000 11:24:10

Date: March 23, 2000
Disciples News Service
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Contact: Clifford L. Willis
E-mail: CWillis@oc.disciples.org
on the Web: http://www.disciples.org

00b-12

	INDIANAPOLIS (DNS) -- An Easter television special produced last year by
the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has been "resurrected" for
broadcast on cable in April.

	"The Resurrected Life: Understanding the Meaning of Easter" was produced
by the Disciples Office of Communication for the National Council of
Churches. It will air at 9 p.m. April 19 on VISION-TV across Canada, and
at 4 p.m., April 23 (Easter Sunday) on The Odyssey Network throughout
North America.

	In addition, individual congregations have taken the initiative to have
the program shown on local cable systems, according to the Rev. Theodore
J. Nottingham, producer. "It is particularly meaningful for me to see it
broadcast so widely again as it is the most spiritual program we have
produced for television," he said.

	"The Resurrected Life" has been well received ecumenically, Nottingham
added. And Disciples are well represented as program participants by
General Minister and President Richard L. Hamm, Homeland Ministries
associate, the Rev. Judy Turner, and retreat leader, the Rev. Kay
Bessler-Northcutt.

	Another program highlight includes original music composed by Curt
Miller, executive director of the Office of Communication. The program
also has as guests Father George Maloney, author of 60 books on
spirituality and a world-renowned retreat leader, along with another
individual with Disciples ties -- Dr. Charles Ashanin. He died March 1.

	This year's showing of "The Resurrected Life" is presented in his memory,
Nottingham said. His deep wisdom influenced the making of this program, he
added. Ashanin also influenced many Disciples pastors in more than 23
years on the faculty of Christian Theological Seminary, Indianapolis.

	"I hope it will bless lives with renewed insight into what lies beyond
the symbols and the story because it deals with the personal
transformation we as Christians are called into," Nottingham concluded.

	The program is available for purchase by calling 800-523-0226, ext. 433.
A study guide also has been developed and can be ordered by contacting the
Office of Communication at 317-635-3113, ext. 2493.

	-- end--

Disciples News Service releases
are available at http://www.disciples.org/dns/index.htm