From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

PC(USA) Webmaster is terminated

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org>
Date 16 Aug 2000 14:24:13

Note #6155 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

16-August-2000
00292

PC(USA) Webmaster is terminated

Merrill Cook helped create PresbyNet and a cutting-edge web site for
denomination

by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE, Ky.–Associate director for communication Gary Luhr announced
Aug. 16 that the Rev. Merrill Cook, who was instrumental in the development
of PresbyNet and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Internet web site, has
been terminated, effective immediately.
	Cook, whose title was administrator for Internet services, served on the
national staff for nearly 10 years.  Prior to coming to Louisville, he was a
pastor and stated clerk of Whitewater Valley Presbytery. He is a graduate of
San Francisco Theological Seminary.
	In a statement to Office of Communication staff, Luhr wrote, "While we have
reaped the benefit of Merrill's contributions we are now moving into a new
phase of Internet development.  After serious consideration I have
determined that a new form of leadership is needed as we build our Internet
Services team.