From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Augsburg Fortress Announces Agreement with Kerygma

From News News <NEWS@ELCA.ORG>
Date 30 Aug 2000 11:28:19

ELCA NEWS SERVICE

August 30, 2000

AUGSBURG FORTRESS ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT WITH KERYGMA
00-205-MR/GA**

     CHICAGO (ELCA) -- Augsburg Fortress, the publishing house of the
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, entered into a new distribution
agreement with The Kerygma Program.  Effective immediately, selected
resources published under the Kerygma imprint will be available through
Augsburg Fortress.
     The Kerygma Program offers about 20 Bible study courses.  First
published in 1977, the program is designed to support congregations in
developing "strong and effective" programs for study.  Each Kerygma
course includes a resource book for participants, a leader's guide and
an adult education idea book.
     "The Kerygma Program will augment the product selection we have to
offer our customers," said the Rev. Marvin L. Roloff, president and CEO
for Augsburg Fortress.  "The studies are designed to help participants
explore the Bible, and they provide tools for adults seeking to increase
Biblical knowledge and enhance spiritual growth," he said.
     "Kerygma Bible studies are ecumenical in nature and in use in over
30 denominations.  We are pleased to be able to distribute such a
high-quality Bible study for an adult market," Roloff said.
     "The Augsburg Fortress agreement will open doors for Kerygma that
will enable us to reach a larger public," said Charles A. Ferguson,
chair and CEO for Kerygma.  "The resources we have to offer help people
to grow in their knowledge and understanding of the Bible.  We can now
assist more people in their study of the Bible," he said.
     Augsburg Fortress is the largest Lutheran publishing house in the
United States.  It provides education materials, music, books,
ecclesiastical arts, electronic worship resources, computer products and
other resources for congregations and non-church markets.

     [*Gayle Aldrich is publicist for Augsburg Fortress Publishers,
Minneapolis.]

EDITORS: Information about Augsburg Fortress can be found on the Web at
www.augsburgfortress.org.  Information about The Kerygma Program is on
the Web at www.kerygma.com.

For information contact: