From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

American becomes CEO of Scottish Bible Society

From PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org
Date 20 Dec 2000 12:27:48

Note #6317 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

20-December-2000
00462

American becomes CEO of Scottish Bible Society

by John Filiatreau

	The Rev. Douglas Campbell, an American Presbyterian who moved to Scotland
five years ago, has been named executive director of the Scottish Bible
Society.

	Campbell, a 31-year-old native of Detroit, has been the society's field
development officer for more than a year. He will become its CEO on Jan. 1.

	Campbell and his wife Emily, a Presbyterian minister in Milngavie, near
Glasgow, relocated to Scotland in 1995. Before joining the society, Campbell
served New Kilpatrick Parish church in Bearden, also near Glasgow.

	Neil McTaggart, the society's board chairman, said of Campbell: "He's
young, he's dynamic, he's gifted, and he was the best in a very strong field
of candidates.

	"On his personal resume, it was stated that Doug Campbell was awarded the
prize for 'student with most promise for future church leadership' at
Princeton Theological Seminary. We're delighted that this early prediction
has come to fruition."

	Campbell, a graduate of Kenyon College, in Gambier, OH, has a degree in art
history from Syracuse University and a Master of Divinity from Princeton.

	"It's a rare privilege for an American to be offered an appointment such as
this," Campbell said, "but at least I've got a Scottish name. I've even got
a kilt made from the Campbell clan tartan.

	"Scotland is a wonderful place, and for nearly two centuries its people
have worked through the Scottish Bible Society to help spread the Word of
God throughout the world. I'm looking forward to leading this great
organization on to even greater things."