From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Committee on General Assembly Procedures offers second report on per

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org>
Date 14 Jun 2001 15:08:44 GMT

Note #6678 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

capita financial implications
14-June-2001
GA01119

Committee on General Assembly Procedures offers second report on per capita
financial implications

by Emily Enders Odom

LOUISVILLE, June 14 - Elder William H. Neal, Jr., moderator of the Committee
on General Assembly Procedures, Thursday morning presented to the 213th
General Assembly, the second daily report on per capita financial
implications.

	The financial implications of actions approved yesterday total $36,400 for
2001, representing a $.01 increase in the per capita assessment; $53,500 for
2002, for a $.02 per capita increase; and $51,200 for 2003, for a $.02 per
capita increase.  The financial implications of items still pending before
the General Assembly are $69,300 for 2001, for an increase of $.03 in the
per capita assessment; $79,500 for 2002, for a $.03 per capita increase; and
$27,800 for 2003, for a $.01 per capita increase.

	Neal yesterday advised the Assembly that the per capita budget for 2001
could not be changed.  Lest that not prove confusing to commissioners, he
further explained that those increases would be absorbed within the current
budget by good financial management by the national staff.

	If all of the increases represented by pending items were to pass the
Assembly, the per capita implications would be $.05 for 2002.  This
projection remains unchanged since yesterday's report.

	"Again, let me remind you," said Neal, "that this would be in addition to
the per capita apportionment rate of $5.20 per member, which I advised you
yesterday was information, in order to balance the budget.  The total per
capita apportionment rate will then be $5.25."

	"Fellow commissioners," Neal continued, concluding his report, "may the
Spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ continue to guide us as we decide on the
business before us today."