From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Griswold writes to bishops on Accokeek

From ENS@ecunet.org
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:29:38 -0400 (EDT)

2001-170

Griswold writes to bishops on Accokeek

     June 25, 2001

     For all bishops

     My dear brothers and sisters in Christ:

     This is to inform you that, as of this date, I have been unsuccessful in my
extensive efforts to assist those involved in the matter regarding Christ Church,
Saint John's parish, Accokeek, Maryland, find a way forward that would satisfy
their several concerns. Alternatives and recommendations were submitted to Bishop
Dixon and Bishop Iker, and through Bishop Iker, to the vestry of Christ Church.
They were discussed and considered but did not lead to a resolution.

     I deeply regret that this is the case, and ask you to keep all parties in
your prayers. Meanwhile, my office and I continue to make ourselves available to
explore any possibilities that may emerge in the future.

     Yours in Christ,

     Frank T. Griswold
     Presiding Bishop and Primate