From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Dittmer to direct LCMS youth-ministry department

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@wfn.org>
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:56:49 -0700

LCMSNews -- No. 64
August 14, 2001

Dittmer to direct youth-ministry department

Rev. Terry Dittmer last month accepted the call of the Synod's Board for
District and Congregational Services to be its director of youth ministry.

A member of the youth-ministry staff since 1979, he was associate director
of that office before becoming its director.  The director position has been
vacant since LeRoy Wilke became executive director for the board in April
2000.

Dittmer is a 1974 graduate of Concordia Theological Seminary, Springfield,
Ill.

In a July 12 letter announcing his acceptance of the call, Dittmer said, "I
look forward to building on relationships and partnerships that have been
valued in the past and ... to the possibilities of forging new relationships
in the future.

"We will be looking at how we can strengthen and rebuild the youth ministry
network among districts and other agencies," Dittmer said in the letter.
"We will need to look at how youth ministry is funded.  [And,] we need to
evaluate the direction of the National Youth Gathering."