From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Adventist Assistance for Grief-Stricken

From APD <APD_Info_Schweiz@compuserve.com>
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2001 04:10:55 -0400

September 16, 2001
Adventist Press Service (APD)
Christian B. Schaeffler, Editor-in-chief
Fax +41-61-261 61 18
APD@stanet.ch
http://www.stanet.ch/APD
CH-4003 Basel, Switzerland

Adventist Assistance Provided for Grief-
Stricken

Washington D.C., USA. The Adventist Development
and Relief Agency (ADRA) expresses heartfelt
concern for the people victimised by the tragic
events that took place in New York City,
Washington DC and Pennsylvania.  "September 11
is a milepost in human tragedy.  I am profoundly
saddened by the shocking loss of life in the
extraordinary attacks that took place today",
states Ralph S Watts Jr., President of ADRA
International.  "On behalf of ADRA's employees
around the world, we send our heartfelt
condolences to the survivors and families of
those whose lives have been cut short.
Our prayers are with you."

As authorities continue recovery efforts after
September 11's terrorist attacks, the Adventist
Development and Relief Agency International
(ADRA) is accepting donations on behalf of a
concerted Adventist response to this tragedy.

Aid being offered in New York City includes a
special training seminar on dealing with
critical incident stress and grief. Water and
food is being supplied to rescue workers.
Centers have been opened where water, food, and
counselling is available.

In the greater Washington area, volunteer
counselling teams have been organized and are
assisting in the Federal Emergency Management
Agency (FEMA) activities for the victims of the
Pentagon tragedy.

Donations may be made by calling toll-free in
the United States to 800-424-ADRA (2372).
Outside of the United States, call +301-680-
6049. Donations can also be given online at
www.adra.org  (136/2001)