From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Swiss Churches Expressed Sympathy

From APD <APD_Info_Schweiz@compuserve.com>
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2001 05:38:51 -0400

September 16, 2001
Adventist Press Service (APD)
Christian B. Schaeffler, Editor-in-chief
Fax +41-61-261 61 18
APD@stanet.ch
http://www.stanet.ch/APD
CH-4003 Basel, Switzerland

Swiss Churches Expressed Sympathy for Victims Of
Attack on USA
**************************

Letter from the National Council of Churches in
Switzerland to
the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA

Association of Christian Churches in Switzerland (AGCK-
CH)

National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA
475 Riverside  dr. Room  880
New York NY 10115-0050
e-mail : redgar@ncccusa.org

Sisters and Brothers  in Christ,

In this hour of shock and grief of the American people,
we express to You, to the churches and their members
throughout America our sympathy and solidarity. We are
shocked by the terrible tragedy which has occurred and
has caused the death of thousands and maimed an
unknown number of people.

The people of Switzerland mourns with America.

We pray God to be with those grieving  the loss of their
loved ones. We understand that anger and the call for
revenge may come up in our minds at once. Asking for
counter-violence cannot be the only word to say. The
perpetrators of this terrible crime must be brought to
court and tried. The rule of Law must remain protected.
But the search for the roots of violent action must be
found and eradicated. Because all of us around the world
are in need of peace and security. In this search we must
help each other.

We know that your Faith in God and in Christ lives deeply
in your hearts. May you find back to God and to the hope
which expects Love and Freedom and Justice and Peace
from Christ Jesus for the whole society - of America and
of all nations.

We greet you all in this time of grief and hurt feelings

In Christ
Yours,

Association of Christian Churches in Switzerland

The President:
Rev. Thomas Wipf
c/o Federation of Swiss Protestant Churches
Sulgenauweg 26
CH-3000Bern23
e-mail: thomas.wipf@sek.ch

The Secretary:
Rev.Eduard Wildbolz Ph.D.
Niesenweg 1
CH 3038 Kirchlindach
e-mail: eduard.wildbolz@bluewin.ch

Member Churches of the Association of Christian
Churches in Switzerland:
-	Bund der Baptistengemeinden
-	Christkatholische Kirche der Schweiz
-	Anglikanische Kirche
-	Bund Evangelisch-Lutherischer Kirchen in der
Schweiz und im F|rsatentum Liechtenstein (BELK)
-	Evangelisch-methodistische Kirche (UMC)
-	Schweizerischer Evangelischer Kirchenbund
(Reformierte Kirchen)
-	Die Heilsarmee
-	Orthodoxe Kirchen - (Griechisch-Orthodoxe Kirche;
Serbisch-Orthodoxe Kirche in der Schweiz)
-	Rvmisch-katholische Kirche