From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Pakistan Brethren Churches Condemn Terrorist Attacks on St. Dominic

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@wfn.org>
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:57:09 -0800

Churc, Bahawalpur

Terrorist Attacks on Christians of Pakistan???

I, on behalf of Pakistan United Fellowship of Brethren Churches, condemn
the terrorist attacks on Christians in St. Dominic Church Bahawalpur in
which 18 innocent people killed. We believe that this act of terrorism is
supported by one of the Islamic militant groups who consider that
Christians of Pakistan are somehow related to the Christians of United
States and Europe. Christianity is a peace loving religion and in the
History of Pakistan we found the Christians contributed a lot toward the
development and uplift of Pakistan and its people but unfortunately
Christians are never accepted as the first class citizens of Pakistan. I
don't want to repeat that we are Pakistani since we are and will remain
Pakistani until our death and we are always ready to even give our lives
for Pakistan.

We feared of these attacks from the very day of September the 11th since we
know the nature of Extremist/Militant groups. I would request Pakistani
people especially Militants/Extremists to understand that Christians have
nothing to do with either USA or Afghanistan but Pakistan. We demand that
the responsible for killing innocent Christians must be brought to justice
and government of Pakistan should take necessary actions/steps to avoid
further attacks on the Christians.

I would request our Brothers and sisters especially people of Brethren
Churches to stay calm and show the World how peaceful and bearing the
Christians of Pakistan are since it's the teaching of Jesus Christ.

We appreciate the steps taken by the government of Pakistan to make sure
that the Christians of Pakistan are safe by beefing up Security at
Churches. We want to thank Mr. President General Pervaiz Mushraf for
condemning the attacks and assuring the Christian that all sources will be
used to bring the responsible to justice!

The Pak Brethren has decided to observe fasting and mourning and to pray
for the families of the Victims and peace in the World and especially in
Pakistan in its Churches on Friday the 2nd of November 2001.

Boaz Gill - "Boaz Gill" <boaz@brain.net.pk>

Director/Founder
Shaffaf Christian Communications
Chairman
Pakistan United Fellowship of Brethren Churches
29/10/2001