From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Christmas eve fire destroys Steve Boots' home

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org>
Date 3 Jan 2002 12:20:35 -0500

Note #6991 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

03-January-2002
02002

Christmas eve fire destroys Steve Boots' home

Congregational redevelopment staffer was away at the time

by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE - A Christmas eve fire completely destroyed the Lake Washington,
MN, home of the Rev. Steve Boots, the Presbyterian Church (USA)'s associate
for congregational redevelopment.

	Boots and his wife, Betty, were away at the time visiting their son and his
family.

	By the time the early-morning fire was brought under control by
firefighters, only the chimney of the house and a few personal belongings
were left. Boots, who works out of his home, also lost his office in the
blaze.

	The cause of the fire has not been determined. It also wasn't the first
hardship the Boots have faced this year. Last summer, Betty was severely
injured when she was involved in a head-on automobile accident. Her recovery
from the accident continues.

	"When we saw (the fire)," Boots told the Mankato Free Press, "my first
thought was like, 'Oh God, I can't believe it.' We're okay, though, and our
faith will sustain us."

	Donations, gifts and notes of encouragement can be sent to First
Presbyterian Church, c/o Treasurer, P. O. Box 495, Mankato, MN 56002. Checks
should be made payable to First Presbyterian Church/Boots Support Fund.