From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Archbishop of Canterbury Statement on death of Princess Margaret

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:35:37 -0800

ACNS 2867 - LAMBETH PALACE - 12 February 2002

Statement from the Archbishop of Canterbury on the death of Princess
Margaret

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr George Carey, today expressed his sadness
following the death of Princess Margaret:

"I learnt with sorrow this morning of the death of Princess Margaret.

"She was a much-loved member of our Royal Family and a great support to her
Majesty throughout the Queen's reign.

"In her life Princess Margaret showed great courage in the face of her
troubles and met adversity with determination and good humour.

"Throughout her life she was sustained by her faith; as usual she had been
due to join the Lambeth Palace community for their Ash Wednesday devotions
next week. She was a devout Christian and her faith was very real and very
strong.

"My thoughts and prayers are with her sister the Queen, her mother Queen
Elizabeth the Queen Mother, and her family. We commend her to her Heavenly
Father."

The ACNSlist is published by the Anglican Communion Office, London.

Please send QUESTIONS or COMMENTS to acnslist@anglicancommunion.org