From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Archbishop of Canterbury Supports National Marriage Week 2002

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:41:28 -0800

ACNS 2872 - LAMBETH PALACE - 12 February 2002

Message from the Archbishop of Canterbury for National Marriage Week 2002

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr George Carey, has given this message of
support to mark the start of National Marriage Week 2002 (10-17 February):

"Marriage is the fundamental building block of our society, providing the
stable foundations for the building of family life. It is, in the words of
the Marriage Service, 'a way of life that all should honour.'

"National Marriage week is a welcome opportunity to celebrate the central
place that marriage has in our society. Where marriage is neglected, it
takes its toll not only in terms of personal tragedy, but also on society as
a whole. Marriage reflects for us the pattern that God has given us in
creation, through which a man and a woman may learn to love each other.
Together, marriage partners learn that their relationship requires work and
commitment but that it can bring lasting fulfilment."

The ACNSlist is published by the Anglican Communion Office, London.

Please send QUESTIONS or COMMENTS to acnslist@anglicancommunion.org