From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Anglican Global Bulletin Board #3

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:37:10 -0800

ACNS 2868 - ACO COMMUNICATIONS - 12 February 2002

Global Bulletin Board #3

Clips from Canon Jim Rosenthal in Canterbury

HRH THE PRINCESS MARGARET

Prayers have been offered at Canterbury Cathedral for Princess Margaret who
died on Saturday. Also remembered were the Royal Family as they mourn. One
newspaper called Princess Margaret - "A high church Anglican who loved the
Prayer Book". The Dean of the Chapels Royal, the Rt Revd and Rt Hon Richard
Chartres, will lead prayers with the family. The private funeral will be at
St George's Chapel Windsor on Friday. May she rest in peace and rise in
glory.

ASH WEDNESDAY

Anglicans and Episcopalians love Lent - I would like to gather details of
how parishes observe the season. Some have lavish programmes, others
business as usual. Help share ideas.

HATS OFF TO THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH AGAIN

Dan England, Director of Communications in New York, has created new road
signs (something England and other places could think of making...) that has
an optional "tag-on" plate with the Anglican Communion and the Compass Rose.

I have plans for these! Well done and thanks.

ACC STANDING COMMITTEE AND THE PRIMATES STANDING COMMITTEE

Lengthy meetings lasting several days marked the annual gathering last week.

The staff and the group of about 12 journeyed to Our Lady of Sion RC Retreat
House near Navan, Ireland for their meeting. They announced the principal
speaker at the ACC meeting in September in Hong Kong will be Lutheran World
Federation's leader Dr Ishmael Noko. Do you know who represents YOU on the
ACC? The ACC will elect new a Chairman and Vice Chairman, both offices now
being held by bishops. The ACC is the only international Anglican body that
allows lay, priest and deacon voices to be heard.

CANON PETERSON

The recent press release speaks of the role of the Secretary General of the
ACC in the process for a new Archbishop. Anthony Sadler, the Archbishops'
Crown Appointments Secretary flew to Ireland to make a presentation to the
Standing Committees and to hear from them as a group.

IS PEWTER YOUR HOBBY? ARE YOU ANGLICAN/EPISCOPALIAN? If yes contact me.

NEW STONE CANTERBURY CROSSES

Ready to hang on the wall of church, sacristry, office or home, the gift
shoppe in Canterbury now (for the first time) carries this item - it sells
for #16. You can purchase through their website (Cathedral enterprises) or
ACC. They will be heavy to ship but worth it. Tell them you read it on ACNS!

POST CARDS

A post card size portrait card of Archbishop Carey (Miter and Cope) is
available from the ACO (Matthew Davies). They are #2 or $3 for 5 cards. PP
included.

HAVE A GOOD LENT!

Jim Rosenthal
oldpalace@anglicancommunion.org

The ACNSlist is published by the Anglican Communion Office, London.

Please send QUESTIONS or COMMENTS to acnslist@anglicancommunion.org