From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: SANTILLI TO LEAD PRAYER INITIATIVE

From RICH.SCHRAMM@ecunet.org
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:26:28 -0500 (EST)

AMERICAN BAPTIST NEWS SERVICE
Office of Communication
American Baptist Churches USA
P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851
Phone: (610)768-2077 / Fax: (610)768-2320
Web: www.abc-usa.org
Richard W. Schramm, Director
 E-mail: richard.schramm@abc-usa.org

SANTILLI TO LEAD INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES
PRAYER INITIATIVE
 In support of the ongoing commitment of
American Baptists to undergird the work of International
Ministries with prayer, the Rev. Robert Santilli, senior
pastor of First Baptist Church in Mt. Holly, N.J., will begin
May 1 as special assistant to the executive director of
International Ministries.
 Santilli's leadership of the prayer initiative is in
response to his involvement in developing International
Ministries' strategic mission emphasis Go Global and his
personal experience with and commitment to prayer.  "I
hope to see people coming together in a profusion of
settings and connections in order to intentionally live out
the first mission principle of our Go Global statement," he
said.  That principle states: "We believe that mission
springs from God's initiative, is guided by God's Spirit and
is accomplished through God's power.  Therefore, we
continually seek the Lord in prayer."
 Santilli will mobilize a prayer network with all
those who are joined in mission with International
Ministries, sharing news of mission needs, opportunities
and God's works as widely as possible in an effort to
support thanksgiving and specific intercession.  Santilli also
will facilitate a global prayer effort that will be woven
throughout the 2002 World Mission Conference in Green
Lake, Wis.
 "With the coming of the Rev. Robert Santilli to the
staff of International Ministries we seek to mobilize our
denomination on behalf of our world," noted Dr. John
Sundquist, International Ministries' executive director.  "It
is my hope that American Baptists along with our global
partners will stoke the fires of prayer, not for ourselves,
but that the power of God will be released for the healing
of the nations."
 Santilli, who has been senior pastor at First Baptist
for 27 years, has emphasized the transforming power of
prayer within his congregation.  He also has provided a
decade of leadership in the Pastors' Prayer Summits, and
has been involved in the National Prayer Task Force of
American Baptist National Ministries and International
Ministries' National Executive Director's Forum.

W032202A.TXT

 -0-