From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[PCUSANEWS] New video is a hit

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org>
Date 1 Apr 2002 13:56:48 -0500

Note #7114 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

New video is a hit
1-April-2002
02128

New video is a hit

Who Are We Presbyterians is a brief introduction to denomination

by Jerry L. Van Marter

LOUISVILLE - Who Are We Presbyterians - a 17-minute video about what it means to be a Presbyterian - has been flying off the shelves since its premier in November 2001.

	The video, produced by the Mission Interpretation and Promotion and Congregational Ministries Publishing (CMP) offices and the Office of Communication of the General Assembly Council, is a primer on the denomination for use in church-school, confirmation and new-members classes, as well as for church officer training, retreats and mid-week gatherings.

	It is available in English, Korean, and Spanish, and comes with a study guide written by Freda Gardner, moderator of the 211th General Assembly (2000).

	"Who Are We Presbyterians is an excellent resource for all Presbyterians, whether new to the denomination or longtime members," said John Detterick, executive director of the GAC.

Publisher Sandra Moak Sorem of CMP said the video "communicates what is distinctive about Presbyterianism within the context of Christianity" and "gives congregations an overview of Presbyterian theology, history, and polity."

Who Are We Presbyterians may be ordered by phone at (800) 524-2612 or online at www.pcusa.org/marketplace; ask for PDS #70-612-01-770. The price is $17.95.

Also available is an older, much more extensive video series, The Presbyterians, which has five parts:

* The People (PDS #22590751, $19.95)
* History and Tradition (PDS #70-310-94-016,        $29.95)
* Belief and Doctrine (PDS #70-310-94-019, $19.95)
* Polity (PDS #70-310-94-017, $19.95)
* Vision and Mission (PDS #70-310-94-018, $19.95)

 	The People is available in Korean and Spanish. History and Tradition is available in Korean.

For more information, call Deb Worland at (888) 728-7228, ext. 5208.