From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Prayers for Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 20:11:41 -0800

ACNS 2944 - LAMBETH PALACE - 5 April 2002

Prayers for the lying-in-state of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen
Mother

The text of the prayers used for the Lying-in-State of Her Late Majesty
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother this morning has been released. These are
traditional prayers which have been drawn up and adapted for this occasion.

Prayers:

The Archbishop of Canterbury says

Let us pray

O Lord, our Heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, we remember
before thee our sister, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother. We give thanks for
her example of faithful duty and unwearied service, and for the loyalty and
love which she inspired.

Hear Lord, the prayers of thy people, and grant that we who confess thy name
on earth with her may be made perfect in the kingdom of thy son, through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father of all mercies and giver of all comfort: deal graciously, we pray,
with these who mourn, that casting all their care on thee, they may know the
consolation of thy love; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Dean of Westminster says

Go in the Peace of Christ.

The ACNSlist is published by the Anglican Communion Office, London.

Please send QUESTIONS or COMMENTS to acnslist@anglicancommunion.org