From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Pope Calls for Prayers for Holy Land Peace

From JerusalemRelOrgs@aol.com
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:48:53 EDT

For more information:
Fr. Raed Abusahlia
Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem
P.O.Box  14152 - Jerusalem 97500
E-mail address: latinpat@actcom.co.il

JOHN PAUL II RECEIVING  "APPEALS FROM ALL SIDES''

JERUSALEM, April 14, 2002 .- John Paul II has again appealed for prayers for
the success of peace efforts under way in the Middle East.

At the end of a Mass today in Rome, the Holy Father greeted thousands of
pilgrims gathered in St. Peter's Square, and requested prayers for "all those
suffering in the Holy Land."

According to the news agency Zenit.com, John Paul II revealed he is receiving
"appeals from all sides."

"I assure everyone of my spiritual and human solidarity, while I invite all
to pray so that the efforts under way to re-establish respect for persons and
property and to foster the advent of a just and lasting peace, will be
crowned with success," the Pope said.

-end-