From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

NBA HomeCare Plus(tm) launches May 6

From "Communication Ministries" <wshuffit@cm.disciples.org>
Date Fri, 3 May 2002 14:42:37 -0500

Date: May 3, 2002
Disciples News Service
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
E-mail: news@cm.disciples.org
Web: http://www.disciples.org

Contact:  Bob McCarty, National Benevolent Association
314-812-1712 (Office); 314-616-5599 (24 Hrs)
bmccarty@nbacares.org

02a-42

SAINT LOUIS -- Offering high-quality healthcare and related
services, the National Benevolent Association will launch
NBA HomeCare Plus(tm) at NBA Robin Run Village in
Indianapolis, May 6.

A St. Louis-based nonprofit organization founded in 1887,
NBA serves more than 24,000 individuals annually through
more than 90 facilities and programs nationwide. Those
served include older adults, at-risk children and families,
and people with disabilities.

	Under the direction of Mick Crawford, NBA HomeCare
Plus(tm) will provide clients access to a variety of
service providers, including home health aids, licensed
practical nurses, registered nurses and medical social
workers as well as various therapy professionals.

	"Our goal is to provide the convenience of in-home care in
the form of a variety of services," Crawford explained.
"We want to help individuals remain independent as long as
possible by helping them avoid costly short- and long-term
stays in nursing homes or hospitals."

Many NBA HomeCare Plus(tm) services will be covered through
Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance, Crawford said.
The NBA HomeCare Plus(tm) staff will work with clients and
their physicians to establish the appropriate level of care
for each individual.

"Our market studies indicate their is a need for NBA
HomeCare Plus(tm) services," Crawford added, noting that
future plans call for the expansion of the program to other
NBA communities, including Jacksonville, Fla., and Kansas
City, Mo.

	For more information about NBA, visit our Web site:
www.nbacares.org.

                                                       --
end --

Disciples News Service releases are available at
http://www.disciples.org/dns/index.htm or you can sign up
to receive them by e-mail at
http://www.disciples.org/cm/email.htm