From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Please do not open the unauthorized message previously sent!

From News News <NEWS@ELCA.ORG>
Date Sat, 4 May 2002 14:48:18 -0500

The ELCA News list has fallen victim to the W32.Klez.gen@mm virus.

Please do not open the message previously sent with
"Apr 18 2002 12" in the subject line.

If the note is already opened, please do not open its attachment.

We have received notification from several service providers that
a virus was detected in the attachment.  Your system may have
kept the note from reaching your inbox.  We have also received
personal notification from some subscribers.

ELCA computer technicians resolved the problem quickly and have
added another step in the process of issuing news releases to the
list, making it unlikely the system will be hijacked again.

Frank Imhoff
Associate Director
ELCA News Service