From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Taiwan Church News - Hearing the Sound of the Sea and the Land

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 12:56:21 -0700

Taiwan Church News 2618, May 5, 2002
Reported by Li Yi-shin, Written by David Alexander

    Yushan Theological College, a Presbyterian school dedicated to
educating Aboriginal people for Christian ministry, will join
Ter-sheng Presbyterian Church in Kaohsiung to sponsor a retreat
on Ecological Spirituality from May 13-15.  Anyone interested in
studying and understanding
the mystical spirituality of land and sea is welcome to enroll.
    Aboriginal, Taiwanese and Foreign presenters will give
presentations and lead worship. College staff member Yueh
Chin-hua says, "The theme of the retreat is in line with the
General Assembly's mission theme for these two years, 'Spiritual
Renewal and Lives Dedicated to Serve.' Spiritual renewal is bound
up with the environment and faith.  This retreat binds these
aspects all together.  From different angles, we hope to renew
our environmental attitudes.  From understanding we will renew
our ideas about our divine appointment as stewards of creation."

    For more information:  rd@mail.yushanth.org.tw

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Chinese
Visit our web site: www.pctpress.com.tw