From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Committee lifts up inclusion, diversity

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ecunet.org>
Date 19 Jun 2002 12:58:18 -0400

Note #7275 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

18-June-2002
GA02066

Committee lifts up inclusion, diversity

by Jane Hines

COLUMBUS, OH -A recommendation from the Theological and Educational Issues committee will ask the full Assembly to declare that liturgical leadership and worship styles in the Presbyterian Church (USA) should reflect the full diversity of the worshiping community.

On another matter, the committee says: "Many of our Presbyterian seminaries need the prayerful support of our denomination in achieving representation on their boards of trustees that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the people of God.  We ask that our seminaries be more conscious of representational issues in their recruitment of trustees, including more women and racial/ethnic members in the leadership."